WHO WE ARE
BDI, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in San Diego, California, focuses on addressing the social, emotional, and psychological barriers to living a long and healthy life with diabetes. To better understand and overcome these obstacles, BDI is actively engaged in research examining the psychological aspects of diabetes and evaluating innovative behavioral interventions. In addition, BDI directly offers an array of unique, behaviorally-oriented products and services for: people with type 1 diabetes; people with type 2 diabetes; parents of children and teens with diabetes; spouses and partners of people with diabetes; and interested health care professionals. Products and services include print materials; online courses and modules, face-to-face workshops and seminars, professional training programs, and an online library of resources.
We invite you to explore the resources available to you from BDI. We also welcome your suggestions for additional resources that might be added to our web site. Thank you!
TCOYD Conference & Health Fair, San Diego, CA
October 12, 2019
The Toe and Flow NW Conference, Portland, OR
October 12, 2019
October 17, 2019
29th Curso Multidisciplinario de Diabetes, Mexico City, Mexico.
October 18, 2019
BDI’s Case Consultation Group for Mental Health Professionals meets at BDI Headquarters in San Diego, CA. at 10:00 am.
October 30, 2019
Welcome to BDI’s October update!
- October 12: If you are in the Portland (OR) area, Dr. Guzman (BDI’s Director of Clinical Education) will be a featured speaker at The Toe and Flow NW Conference, presenting on “Diabetes Distress: The Missing Link in Diabetes Care” and “Rethinking Adherence Challenges”.
- October 12: And if you are in the Southern California area, Dr. Polonsky will be presenting to both healthcare professionals and to people with diabetes at the biggest TCOYD (Taking Control of Your Diabetes) event of the year, right here in San Diego. This is the 25th anniversary of TCOYD, so it is guaranteed to be a remarkable event!
- October 17: Dr. Guzman will be presenting BDI’s “Diabetes Turning Points”, a comprehensive three-hour workshop overviewing the critical psychosocial challenges and interventions for diabetes care, at the American Association of Diabetes Educators’ California Conference.
- October 18: Dr. Polonsky will be presenting on “Diabetes and Mental Health” at the 29th Curso Multidisciplinario de Diabetes program in Mexico City.
- October 30: BDI will again host our monthly case consultation group for mental health professionals here in southern California. If you might like to join us and/or would like further information, please contact us at email@example.com.