WHO WE ARE
BDI, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in San Diego, California, focuses on addressing the social, emotional, and psychological barriers to living a long and healthy life with diabetes. To better understand and overcome these obstacles, BDI is actively engaged in research examining the psychological aspects of diabetes and evaluating innovative behavioral interventions. In addition, BDI directly offers an array of unique, behaviorally-oriented products and services for: people with type 1 diabetes; people with type 2 diabetes; parents of children and teens with diabetes; spouses and partners of people with diabetes; and interested health care professionals. Products and services include print materials; online courses and modules, face-to-face workshops and seminars, professional training programs, and an online library of resources.
We invite you to explore the resources available to you from BDI. We also welcome your suggestions for additional resources that might be added to our web site. Thank you!
Taking Control of Your Diabetes’ (TCOYD) Virtual Conference and Health Fair
August 7, 2021
BDI will host our next case consultation meeting (for mental health professionals working in the field of diabetes). Contact us at email@example.com if you are in the greater San Diego area and would like further information about this program and about our future meetings.
August 11, 2021 at 10:00 AM
August 12-15, 2021
BDI will offer its next one-day virtual CME training program, “Addressing Psychosocial Challenges in Type 1 Diabetes”
September 10, 2021
Welcome to BDI’s August 2021 update!
- August 7: It is time once again for Taking Control of Your Diabetes’ (TCOYD) Virtual Conference and Health Fair. This is an online interactive experience that is open to all people with diabetes everywhere on the planet! In parallel and at the same time, TCOYD will be offering its virtual MAKING THE CONNECTION program, a great program for healthcare professionals who are looking for the latest information and cutting-edge research in the treatment of type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Both programs will feature an extraordinary group of diabetes healthcare professionals, including our own Dr. Polonsky as one of the featured speakers.
- August 11: BDI will resume the San Diego-wide, monthly case consultation meeting (for mental health professionals working in the field of diabetes). Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in the greater San Diego area and would like further information about this program and about our post-August meetings.
- August 13: Dr. Polonsky will be sharing the stage with Dr. Anastasia Albanese-O’Neill at the (virtual) Annual Conference of the Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (ADCES), speaking on “Screening for Type 1 Diabetes: How to Have a Productive Conversation.”
- August 15: Dr. Guzman will also be speaking at the ADCES Conference, speaking on “Easing the Life Transition Caused by Complications of Diabetes.”
Mark your September calendars!
- September 10: For all interested healthcare professionals, BDI will offer its next one-day virtual CME training program, “Addressing Psychosocial Challenges in Type 1 Diabetes.” Join us for a fun and informative day. The program, co-led by Drs. Polonsky and Guzman, will again be virtual. Registration is still open.